You may be familiar or of heard of the "vampire facial" as a skin treatment that uses your own blood to facilitate a glowing youthful complex. What you may not of heard of yet is there is a similar treatment for hair loss. It is called "plasma treatment" or PRGF -plasma rich growth factors.
It works -: by using the plasma part of your blood which is naturally rich in growth factors. Growth factors are a signal to cells to function, in fact, growth factors have been used in medicine for a range of health issues like arthritis and to combat signs of ageing.
Growth factors stimulate the activity of the hair follicles and promotes NEW HAIR GROWTH.
There are a number of scientific based articles and studies supporting the efficiency of PRGF as a treatment option for hair loss showing the increase in hair count along with an increase in hair thickness and an increase in the growth phase of the hair cycle.
The Process and facts-:
• A blood sample is taken
• The blood is centrifuged (spun) to separate cells from plasma
• The plasma is then injected into the scalp at the level of the follicles using a special mesotherapy gun -feels like someone is tapping your head lightly
• It takes approximately 30 mins
• there is minimal discomfort, no down-time, just avoid hair colouring or blow drying hair for 2 days
• It works for anyone with hair loss, but early hair loss patients see best results
• 3 treatments are best, one month apart
• followed by an annual boost top up to continue to stimulate growth factors and stem cells that are associated with regrowth and stopping hair falling out
• You will firstly notice less hair shedding followed by early re-growth hairs and increased length of hair